Friday, February 19, 2016

Book Blurb #2


 My friend Sioux is bringing back Book Blurb Friday that Lisa used to 

do. Check out Sioux's blog for all the nitty gritty details, but basically, 

you write 150 words or less as a book blurb based on the picture. 


My book cover is below and comes in  at  147 words.






                                              Blue Door Knocker
Hank Miller’s new poetry collection, The Blue Door Knocker, is packed with lines of free verse that capture all the doorways he has passed through in his lifetime. He writes of the trepidation of the kindergarten door, the thrill of the one opening to his first kiss, the devastation of the one that slammed on his midlife job, and more. His lines are popular with readers because they are familiar doorways, ones they have also passed through in life.

Miller often sees doorways and entrances that others miss as suggested by these lines.
   He sat on the patio with a steaming cup of coffee the color of black dirt in the vegetable patch.
 Where he watched his wife squatting over the newly turned earth, dropping in miniscule radish seeds.
  Her thighs flexed and he was reminded of his first entrance through that inviting doorway.


Readers, come in without knocking!


6 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Claudia--You minx, you.

That last bit was so lush. I love the idea of a book of poems about doorways.

Brilliant!

Elephant's Child said...

Oooh.
My pulse sped up as I read this.
Another brilliant blurb.

Rebecca said...

Wow!
So (do I understand this correctly) there is not an actually book of poetry called "The Blue Door Knocker"?
If not, you need to strike now while the iron is hot!

Maude Lynn said...

Oh, well done!

Susan said...

Oooooo lah lah. Spicy, Claudia! Great job. Susan

Lynn said...

I love this take on the door with the poetry. Very nice. I tried going to your blog via Sioux's blog, but it took me to the old Friday blurb - your name was on their twice and one didn't take me to anything at all, just fyi. I just happened to try on my own and well, here I am. Love your blurb!