Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Nothing Profound, Just Beautiful Day



It was a day filled with one chore after another. Some were simple like repairing a birdhouse for spring. Others were tougher like cleaning the inside of the car and truck where Biscuit has shed, leaving fur that looks like a baby kitty curled up!!


But temps were perfect and the windows and doors could be open. Rugs were shook...windows wiped...plants moved outdoors.

Although last night had a frost warning, I choose to believe the worst is over. I have onions and lettuce up in flower pots. Pansies were on sale this week, and although they aren’t my favorites for summer, they make good spring flowers and give me a little dash of color right now.



DH and I even had a tea break on the deck today. Now that was blissful …a promise of more to come.

I gathered Easter trinkets for mailing to the little grandsons. We took time out to do a funny for them. Instead of an Easter card, we will send an “original”!



Not all the problems of the world went away today, but for a while, sunshine made my own backyard feel like a slice of Heaven. I hope all you dear readers had even a few minutes of the same.

9 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

It doesn't get much more profound than a beautiful day.
And I hope many more of them come your way.

Sioux Roslawski said...

"Originals" are always better than store-bought cards.

You three masked folks are funny.

(And get a car dog "bed"--a large quilt/blanket that forms a "U", protecting the back of the front seat and the back seat from dog hair. It hooks onto the headrests--front and back. It launders up, and your car stays relatively clean.)

Linda O'Connell said...

What a darling picture of the honey bunnies at your house. Today is supposed to be beautiful here. Can't wait to get outdoors.

Donna Volkenannt said...

You put a big smile on my face today. What a heavenly way to celebrate a lovely spring day. Love the photo of you three "bunnies."

You are an original!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

What a great way to spend the day! I love the picture of Biscuit. May I use it for my blog's Pawsitive Pondering slideshow?

Lynn said...

Beautiful picture of Biscuit and what a hoot of the three of you in your bunny masks. Just love it.

Marylin Warner said...

What a fun family picture!
Our dog Maggie is so jealous. At Christmas we all wore reindeer antlers for one of the family pictures, and Maggie's antlers stole the show!

Susan said...

Love the "original." Cute, cute, cute. Susan

BECKY said...

OMG! I LOVE your Easterly photo!!