Sunday, January 20, 2013

January Has Two Faces




Two warm, spring-like days and now the frosty cold nights return. January is bipolar this year! We so need the moisture that a few days snowbound would be worth the confinement if we got some snow or rain. I haven’t felt like much this week, but gradually I come around.  Coming home from the eye doctor one day, DH and I stopped at a new flea market, small but will a grand fellow from Scotland as owner. DH found a huge wood plane and I picked up this brand new pitcher with sticker still in place. The price was only a third of the original price. Of course, it was the blue and white that caught my eye as I really don’t need another pitcher!

So yesterday I straightened cupboards, wiped counters, mopped a floor, and said goodbye to the reds in the dining room. While I love the blue and whites, they seem almost cold after weeks of warm reds and holly greens. I left out the icy candle holder which is wintry.  Friends brought this to us from their stay in Finland a few years ago, and it always calls to me on wintry days. I have timed candles in it so that at dusk each evening they come on and then go out was we head for bed. They cast a nice glow on cold nights.

Tonight the emails warmed me because I got news of an acceptance. Thanks to Donna over at http://donnasbookpub.blogspot.com for alerting me to the call out for Cupid’s Quiver, an anthology of short romances. Looks like they will be using mine! So despite the coming cold air, I am warm with encouragement. I see a new week ahead that maybe I can get back to work. Hearing of an acceptance warms me up to more writing!

Here is to a great week ahead for both readers and writers! 

4 comments:

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Claudia,
Everything looks lovely and welcoming.

Congratulations on your acceptance! That's great news, and I'm looking forward to reading your story.

Susan said...

Great news on the acceptance, Claudia. That is WONDERFUL!

Your blue and whites don't look cold to me. They look warm and inviting!

Freezing here. Sitting in front of the fireplace and this is where I've been for hours.

Take care. Susan

Linda O'Connell said...

Yay! Another anthology our stories will appear in. Congratulations to you, Claudia.

Jenny said...

Congratulations on the acceptance! You are soooo impressive.