Monday, October 3, 2011

Teacup Tuesday One More Time

I have not posted on Teacup Tuesday because I had my cup/pot addiction under control. I did not NEED anymore; I had no room for more. But on our Western excursion, I slipped back into obsession mode with the urging of DH.


I think it was Walsenburg, Colorado where this tea set jumped into the truck. We had toured, ridden the train at Alamosa, and were starting the trek home. We came on a charming downtown district with a whole string of inviting antique stores. Before I could get beyond the front door of the first shop, DH called me saying I had to see what he had just found. It was a charming little set of pieces in a dogwood pattern. I didn’t need them, but I looked. It was nice I said, but…




DH said they were worth the money as they were so cheap. Cheap or not, I had no place for them. But they were from England he said. I did not succumb. Then he read on the mark that they were bone china and I was a goner. I had to bring them home; I would share the pieces with others I rationalized.

DH was excited over this incomplete set for some reason. There were no cups, but the egg cup was a sweet addition. When we got home, I washed them up and set them out to dry. DH came into the kitchen and asked me where I was going to set them. I waved my arm across the house and said, “You tell me.” Ah, there was NO place.

So I worked an egg cup in here, a pitcher in there and yes, it is too crowed in the hutch. The little tea pot sits next to some pink floral cups right now, and the pink dogwood compliments them nicely. So for now, we enjoy the dogwood until I can get around to dividing them and sharing with others the joy of bone china!

8 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Very pretty, Claudia.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, what a pretty set. Your hubby did well to convince you to take them home. They are very sweet and I love the touches of pink on them. Thanks for sharing and for your visit.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

LOL! Wouldn't you know you would walk into a store and see something you could not leave behind! The dogwood pattern is really pretty! Have you used it yet? The egg cup is totally sweet!
Hugs,
Terri

Susanne said...

Such pretty and pale pink - I was sold at first glance.

Anonymous said...

Encouraging that DH wanted you to have them. That is a gift. Enjoy them. I have enjoyed reading about your trip.

Bonnie

Terri Gordon said...

Hello, Oh so pretty, have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello,
this is a wonderful set with lovely decor. You will have a lot of fun with it. Enjoy nice tea times with your new set.
Best greetings, Johanna

Wanda Lee said...

Such lovely soft colors and motif; no wonder you chose these delightful pieces.., Thanks for sharing them with us.

Hugs, Wanda Lee