Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday/Mismatched!

Low and behold, I saw snow when I opened the drapes this morning. Not much which was a relief for sure! It is cold and dark and wet again here, is to rain all day. I am NOT thinking about it though.


I have been pretty lame about posting for Teacup Tuesdays. I haven't had a thing to show! But a couple of weeks ago, a quick dash through a few aisles at the local flea markets got me some goodies-cheap ones.









The first is a very pretty bone china cup and saucer numbered and stamped Queen Anne. When I took it to counter, I told my friend I thought the plate and cup were mismatched. She thought the cup was just an open rose. Well, I got home and found out they are both the same china company, both Queen Anne, but a different number. It doesn't matter because I think they look fine and I got them for a song!


                                                      


















The other cup is a dandy too. There is no saucer but it was lidded. I looked  hard and thought these were not quite the same but an excellent fit. I brought it home and decided for sure that these two pieces were never meant to be together. However, they fit nicely and present an interesting look. It is marked Noritake, Japan.  I only paid $2 for the set and an sure I can use it somewhere, somehow if for nothing more than nuts or sweetner packages.

For a total of $5 I had a great day!

12 comments:

♥ Miss Tea said...

I am one who loves mismatched teacups and saucers! I love yours, the roses design on it looks so gorgeous! the noritake cup is so unique! great bargain for those treasures!

Linda O'Connell said...

It doesn't take much to make me happy either, Claudia. These are pretty.

BECKY said...

Hi Claudia, I've been AWOL on Tea Cup Tuesday as well! What great goodies you found! I've stopped even looking. I keep saying I'm going to start getting rid of things, and it doesn't help when I keep bringing new things home! :)

The Charm of Home said...

Pretty cups. I really like the lidded one.
Sherry

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the cup with Roses! Mismatched is charming to me! Great finds at great prices! I love how $5 purchases can make our day! hugs, Linda

Fishtail Cottage said...

Thanks so much for popping over to say hello! So great to meet other tea cup collectors - i too enjoy the floral miss matched ones...i often use a random saucer to hold my candles during a warm summer eve. xoox, tracie

Unknown said...

Wow you did make out! I really like the lidded one, blue is one of my favorites.

Lovely!

taio said...

superb

Terri said...

Both of your pieces are lovely. I think the rose cup looks just fine mismatched. I wouldn't have noticed at all. Queen Anne is a good company too.
Thank you so much for sharing!
Hugs,
Terri

Terri Gordon said...

Hello, What a beautiful tea cup, they look great together. Thanks for visiting me today. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

pretty teacups! fit for spring tea treats! thanks for sharing!
xo
fitty

debi said...

Beautiful finds! What a wonderful deal!