Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July, 2009



Today is not one of those steamy hot and sunny firecracker days! Instead there is a slow and steady rain spoiling a lot of picnics, hiking and such. We started our day with chocolate tea and bird song on the deck while the skies were merely preparing to open up. Once the rain started, DH moved to his shop and I came inside for a day of candles, music, and books.


I lit a fragrant spicy candle, put on a new CD (Beyond the Sea) from friend Tracy, and picked up a stack of books. I started with Blood Debt by S.J. Stewart. I met Shirley Stewart when she spoke at a writer's meeting in the spring. She was a delightful and informative speaker, and she enticed me to buy one of her books even though I am not normally a western reader. Shirley has been very successful as a western writer, and while I enjoyed her story, I don't think I'll ever be a western writer myself.

No comments: