Monday, March 7, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday/Limoges

It is Teacup Tuesday Time again....please visit Martha to link your own tea cup today! http://www.marthasfavorites.com/2011/03/feathering-nest-with-tea-cups.html#comment-form



 



One day last week, DH and I had a long day after a sleepless night. We put 200 miles on our bodies taking care of extended family business. It was stressful but all came out well. In the one lone hour between two appointments, we killed the time in a ratty little flea market that looked more like a many times run garage sale. I should not even have been looking because I don’t “need” more, but there it was on the shelf. It didn’t catch my eye, but the 25% off sign did so I looked closer. The cup was pretty, and I love pink roses, but I had several at home. Then I picked up this delicate bone china to see its mark was Limoges, France. Well, I had to have that since I had no Limoges representative in my stash of cups!




















Nearby was another pink rose plate from Bavaria. It was so cheap and works with the cup too if necessary so it came home.


















One more piece traveled back to Missouri too, and I am not sure why. The aqua border is not a color that speaks to me, but the interior of the tiny plate had some nice blue shades. It was when I picked it up that I was sold. Something about the solid feel in my hands was comforting. It too is bone china by Royal Worchester from the early 1960’s. A little big for a butter pat and too small for a saucer, what was this dish used for? Could this be an ash tray?




The weather still has chilly days, and wind and rain will be March marks. But I stand at the sliding door, my eyes lingering over the table, chairs, and empty flower pots on the deck. Oh, I hunger for nice days and a tea party soon!

10 comments:

Martha's Favorites said...

You had me at Limoges! My favorite tea cups of all time. It is beautiful! Your other treasures are great too. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

debi said...

Your teacup is so dainty and pretty! Love it!

Terri said...

Oh I love Limoges too! And your cup is really pretty! I love the delicate roses as well as the brushes of gold here and there.
I am sorry you were run ragged, but glad it has come out well.
Hugs,
Terri

Tea in Texas said...

I was looking at your Royal Worcester piece and believe it is either a coaster or a pin dish. I have bought some coasters 2 to a package. I believe this probably is a pin dish for your treasures. It would be great with a piece of candy by a teacup and saucer.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

"LOVE,LOVE,LOVE Limoges". Just the word makes my Heart Beat faster! Your Cup is So Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
Hugs, Donna

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

oh gosh.. Limoges! I really love Limoges.. I got very few in my collection and your teacup are just lovely! I really like the flowers on it! sooo darn pretty! thanks for sharing and have a great week!
xo
fitty

Beth said...

What a lovely tea cup! A great find, Claudia. The roses are so delicately lovely.
Blessings, Beth

Rebecca said...

Though not a big tea drinker, I can appreciate the beauty of your latest cup and saucer! And, Oh! I hunger for nice days, too. It looks like another gray day ahead.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What wonderful finds and I love your Limoges tea cup! I don't have one yet in my collection of tea cups! notice I say "yet"?

Hugs,
Debbie

Susan said...

Hi Claudia...See? You did good deeds and, in return, you found beautiful treasures! Nice going. Loved the cup and pink rose-splashed dish and the other one is lovely, too.

Thanks for all your visits and comments. Susan