Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday Centus #22/Sour Puss Pumpkin

This is Saturday Centus . The prompt must be used word for word somewhere in the story on not more than 100 words.The prompt is highlighted. For complete rules see:http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com. This week is special. Jenny says use the one hundred words with the picture as the only prompt. See picture below.








Sour Puss Pumpkin



Peter Pumpkin had his pulp in a twist.


“Look at those supercilious squash. All lined up like a military band in a fall parade. They think they’re so perfect, sneering at us like we are seedy misfits.”


“Chill, Pete,” said Patti Pumpkin.


“Separated, we stand out in our field, show our firm shapes and sun-kissed orange skins. Besides, we’ll taste just as sweet in pie.”


“Not me! I‘m no pie pumpkin. I am scary jack-o-lantern all the way!”


Patti snorted, “Agreed.”


Then she added under her breath, “With your bitter disposition, you must taste like an overgrown sour persimmon.





17 comments:

Terra said...

Loved the alliterations, loved the tone - smiling!!!

Pelican Joe said...

I took a military view as well! Great post!

Unknown said...

I love posts from an inanimate object! Really great!

Unknown said...

your last line was a perfect ending! i've known quite a few people like that.

Judie said...

I thought Pelican Joe and I might be cosmic twins, but now I think the three of us are triplets!! I love it! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Viki said...

How fun that the pumpkins are talking to each other. What a unique Centus. Love it.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Fun, fun, fun. I especially love the first line and am tempted to say it five times fast. (But not that tempted.) This is great.
xoRobyn

Ames said...

Oh I love pumpkin sarcasm! Good one!~Ames

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

That first sentence and its alliteration drew me right in. Loved the pumpkin banter!

Susannah said...

I love this, I really enjoyed your take on the prompt. Nice one. :-)

Mine is here - http://panopticulated.blogspot.com/2010/10/pumpkin-fields-saturday-centus-22.html

Anonymous said...

So very nice. I just love the pumpkin conversation. Hope I don't get him for my pie!

Teresa

Susan said...

Cute post, Bookie. Thanks for always visiting mine, too, and for commenting. Always a pleasure to have you stop by. By the way, I can't find your e-mail address! Sincerely, Susan

Susan Anderson said...

Loved the flavor of this pumpkin dialogue...

;)

Tgoette said...

Fabulous take on the prompt, Claudia! I could really hear them chatting back and forth like that! Great job!

Kat said...

I loved this Claudia. I guess there really is one in every crowd, whether human or squash :) Kat

Jenny said...

Claudia, I really enjoyed the conversational quality of this post. It was easy to visualize this actually happening.

What a great imagination you have!

Thanks for sharing your cool writing with us here.

jeff campbell said...

Quite crafty and well written...Peace