Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Saga Continues




Three weeks after the initial five of waiting for ceiling men and things look barely better. Oh, there is progress and today will move us forward quite a bit barring any unforeseen hindrance. We waited five weeks for the ceiling men and they did their work in eight hours! They have the tools to work with and they are young, sturdy men who know what they are doing from repetition.



The air is still thick with dust. Our hair picks up minute particles in the air like a magnet grabbing filings. I can’t get to half my clothes. What was once a trail to the dressers is now packed with upturned chairs. Today I am giving up my book club’s Christmas luncheon for the first time in ten years. I hate to miss but I feel like a soiled napkin after a dinner party right now…and the work waits.


DH is happy so far with the results. Thank heavens. He is pleased with the first painting and how easy it goes on. Ah, if he knew the price he would be prostrate in the floor. But I am the fetcher of such items and if he doesn’t see a price, he does better! The front of house will look much the same as the shade is similar. Today the back rooms will be the challenge. We are doing some creative painting which he might not understand before it is over. He is a “paint it all the same type guy”, but I bought three shades in one color family to mix it up a bit…a departure even for me. Ah, will see how this goes as I hear the ladder moving now.


6 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm sure it will be worth it :)
I love your sense of humor. I just came back from visiting our daughter. Hadn't seen their "new" (as in different) house. She selected a 3-color scheme. I thought it turned out great!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Claudia--I love the "soiled napkin" line. (Biscuit looks like she doesn't mind the mess. ;)

Elephant's Child said...

I have often said that I feel like chewed string, but I really, really like your soiled napkin image. May I borrow it?
Good luck. I hope the madness is over soon. Very, very soon.

Linda O'Connell said...

I know you are so happy as you head into the home stretch. I like the idea of three color hues. Men don't notice those things. When my kitchen was being remodeled, everything was covered in that dust for almost three months! Sorry you are missing your event. Go anyway and tell them you are covered in Shake and Bake.

Lynn said...

Catching up on previous posts and all the blogs I read... what a challenge. First, congratulations on all your awards and winnings with your writing! Woot Woot! I'm so excited... where can I pick up either a copy or read what you wrote?
I know all too well the frustration of remodeling. ACK. I feel for you, but it will be nice when it's all finished!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

It's always stressful to have work done, not just the price, but also strangers in the house. So worth it though! I'm sure you'll be tickled when it's all finished and the dust has cleared. :)