Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Finally....An End In Sight



I think after working on the washing machine Saturday we are nearly back to order around here. Still a box or two…cabinets still draw clutter to be moved each day. I am not putting up tree or outside lights this year. Just too tired of putting and taking down! But I did put out a few seasonal things.





























The colors of walls do not show well in pictures. The half wall is very dark brown and dining walls are latte colored, not green! I was afraid so much brown would overshadow the Blue Willow, but that is not the case. Although plenty sits out, I left a few things boxed for a while…to rest the eyes from so much stuff.

Now on with December. 

9 comments:

pat couch laster said...

Nice work, you two! And I know about the pulling down, storing it somewhere, then putting it back. I still have stuff un-put-back in the two back bedrooms. I'm hosting an 8-people brunch tomorrow (Wed) and I'm still not done. But I had to have a "friends-on-Facebook" break. Glad you can let yourself take it easy (easier) this year. PL

Elephant's Child said...

It is looking really, really good - and must be a HUGE relief to have the end in sight.

Lynn said...

Glad you'll be able to enjoy the holidays with all your work done! YAY! And what a trip - to the Hill (you were close by where my daughter lives!) and then meeting up with Becky - wow, what are the chances of that? Glad you had a good trip!

BECKY said...

Your home looks so lovely, Claudia. I think I need to make a trip to your part of the state now....after Christmas, though! :)

Mary Horner said...

Sometimes Christmas is a little too overwhelming, but today I was able to visit downtown Main Street in St. Charles, and found it to be just the right amount of Christmas cheer. (I love your snowman on the counter!)

Linda O'Connell said...

Ahhh, to be settled in again. Your home looks festive and welcoming. Sit back and enjoy!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Claudia--Drink some hot chocolate (along with your tea) to celebrate your home getting back to normal.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Rebecca said...

Those wreaths add just the RIGHT touch - and the table setting is so beautiful. The rest of the unpacking can wait until 2015. Enjoy the present (no pun intended)! Merry Christmas, Claudia!

Susan said...

Bookie. Everything looks great. Love your snowman on the counter, too! Adorable. Susan