Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Tearing It Up


 

I am thinking that pictures might say it best this morning. My life feels like these walls look: a bit of shambles. I am sorry I ever agreed to take this paper off. While the hallway came off rather easy, the kitchen was a nightmare.

I loved this paper from day one and through 33 years. I thought it was up for life. It stuck like a cockle burr on a thick sock. It had faded not one iota! Little late now to lament the loss of my friend. Change...I don't do well with it. I am like the dog who is distressed with the moving of her food bowl! Biscuit and I both thrive on routine and habit which have flown out the window this month!



Meanwhile the truck would not start, Social Security has messed me up again, my skin has been determined to be a condition that can't be cured, the prescription did not show up at the pharmacy, the dog has an itch now too, and then there is the weather!

On the other hand, I got paid for my DX station article. It was a nice tidy sum and most welcomed. I won second place and third place in the OWL contest. I got second in the Janet Dailey Inspirational Award and third in poetry. I hope some day to have again two thoughts in a row to put down on paper!

And here we go again with another day....let's see whatt comes down the Yellow Brick Road!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well, heart-felt congratulations on those writing successes! I hope the other situations are soon headed toward a surprisingly fine outcome...

Elephant's Child said...

Huge congratulations on the recognition you have received for your writing.
Empathic shudders for the rest of it. Routine is my friend too. I really, really dislike being torn away from her.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Well, first---congratulations on all your writing accomplishments! That's awesome! Second---I feel your pain on the wallpaper. I've started the whole pull-the-wallpaper down thing and lived to regret it, as well. And you're right, once you start it's a commitment. Good luck with all that, my friend. And may all the things going wrong make a u-turn and go right.

pat couch laster said...

You have such comforting friends (above comments). Add me to the list, especially kudos for the awards. Never having pulled wallpaper, I can't sympathize there, but I'll bet you'll perk up when the new covering is in place. xoxo

Linda O'Connell said...

I know what a pain it is to remove decades old wallpaper. I hope this renovation is behind you before you know it; you and biscuit quit itching, and your writing successes pile up like NY snow. Congratulations.

Susan said...

Oh gosh, Bookie, some "terribles" happened but the "BENEFITS" outweighed them, don't you think? How wonderful! The check and other acceptances. Wowsers. Good for you. Susan p.s. Thanks for your visits. Good luck with the wallpaper. Yuk. Horrid job. But you may LOVE the change when it's all done.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Claudia--Congratulations on the writing paycheck and the writing wins. You rock!

Also, I am sure in a month or two or six ;) your life will be back to normal...and you'll have some gorgeous new walls to look at.

Mary Horner said...

Congrats on your writing successes! Keep up the good work.

Marylin Warner said...

Biscuit looks discouraged on the other side of the glass, but I would choose to be there. When we had our ceiling and walls redone, the dust gave me a horrible sinus infection. But the result was very nice.

You are having wonderful writing successes, Claudia. Congratulations!