Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday






I think this has been the quietest Easter Sunday we have ever had here, and the quiet has been a balm.  I could be sad that there are no children racing about the yard, no eggs, no chocolate bunnies. Instead, I am just feeling grateful for the simplest things, the quiet being one of  them. The neighborhood was very quiet today as well so we enjoyed bacon and eggs on the deck. The sun was bright, but the air was perfect temperature.

We sipped tea and snacked the rest of the day. No cooking! There were books to be read. Balls to be thrown for the dog. There were worries to mull over but only slightly as we let them drift away like tiny puffs of smoke...at least for a little while. There were lilacs to admire and a few to be brought in for fragrance in the house.




DH's sister and brother-in-law from Montana came to the Midwest this week to visit the parents in assisted living. They do well for 95 and 98, but those years carry built in flaws for daily living. My sister-in-law brought me flowers when they came for dinner. Such brilliant shades, electrifying colors! The painting above is one my mother-in-law did herself in earlier years and now hangs over her bed. The painting is peaceful...bright flowers and tea time....a couple of life's bounty items.



The daily dramas of winter still linger in corners here. Issues and troubles...but still we all hope the spring and Easter will usher in a turn to bright and happy times ahead.

 I hope your own Easter day has been peaceful and calm.

7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your MIL's painting. Such talent. And the flowers.
We too had a quiet and peaceful day. Gardening, reading, a little desultory cleaning. Bliss.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Claudia--Your mother-in-law is quite an artist. Is that watercolor?

I'm glad you've had such a nice day. Our day was very pleasant, and now I'm home and can wind down and prepare for work tomorrow.

Susan said...

Hi Claudia! Your Easter day sounded delightful. Quite different from mine but that's okay, too.

You have lilacs already? WOWSERS. I'm jealous of that. Send some our way, will you?

Hope your upcoming week is good. Susan

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Claudia,
What a lovely painting!

Oh, and I enjoy a quiet house. Mine is quiet today. Hubby and grandson are off turkey hunting and my granddaughter returned to college late last night.

Yesterday evening and again this morning I snipped some lilacs to bring inside. My quiet house smells fresh today--a good day to write.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

A perfect Easter! I LOVE lilacs and envy yours. My grandmother had them in her yard and I associate their scent with her. *sigh* Our Easter was quiet, as well, without kids or candy. We've entered a new phase, and I'm just getting used to it.

BECKY said...

You always have such gorgeous flowers to share with us! I love it! Now all we need is "aroma-blogs!" :)

Anonymous said...

--- Jesus loves you all --- Everything is possible to Lord and to all of you who believe --- Jesus saved and healed me from drugs --- Among other wonders,you are wonderful miracle of Lord,if you did not see beautiful precious miracles of Jesus,go to the mirror --- May the Lord bless you and keep you;May the Lord smile down on you and show you his kindness;May the Lord answer your prayers and give you peace --- Glory to Lord Jesus ---