Friday, November 1, 2013

November Starts With Guest Blogging!


 
 
Ah, October is gone and November is here. I know this month will go fast as November always does. Soon, to my disgust, we will hear Christmas carols while shopping for turkeys. Poor Pilgrims will take a back seat again. I always loved the Pilgrim stories when I was in grade school…and the stories about the Mayflower…and about Squanto…because I loved history. I still do.

On the last road trip, our first stop was at the Churchill Museum and St. Mary’s church brought to American stone by stone after being bombed out in WWII. I loved going back in time to the 1940’s. I wrote about this stop as a guest blogger for Susan over at Writing Straight from Heart. Why don’t you head over there today and check it out. Leave a comment while you’re there if you can. Susan and I both adore reading the thoughts of others!

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Hello dear Claudia! Happy November! I can't believe I just wrote that! AND I can't believe it's been SEVEN months since we moved! Now, tell me....just where does that time go??Well, at least we get ONE hour back of it tomorrow a.m.! :)
I'm, of course, heading over to Susan's.

Terra said...

I made a comment on your guest post on Susan's blog. How admirable to reconstruct that church!

Marylin Warner said...

I enjoyed going to the link and learning more about you, Claudia! I think I maybe left my comment about our similarities on the wrong blog post, but you and I have several things in common. In addition to you being from southwest Missouri and me growing up in southeast Kansas, we also have written for some of the same publications:
Good Old Days, True Confessions, Byline, and others (though I wrote for ALL of Sterling MacFadden magazines, and some many times; I spent at least 3 years writing for all their publications, and some many times.
It's a small world!

Lynn said...

Is Hank your dog? He is so cute? I'm so confused if I'm commenting on the correct post. The one I'm referring to is Autumn's Last Road Trip. I've been out of town, but next time you're on the hill, you should let me know. My daughter lives across the street from the little grocery store down there. Forgot the name... begins with a V...