Monday, March 23, 2015

Trying for a Fresh Start with Spring


It has been 20 days since I posted on my blog, the longest quiet period since I started. I am not sure why I became quiet, but a series of burdens, slight illnesses, responsibilities, etc. consumed my days. Then added to that the lack of anything interesting to say, and well, the blog page was quiet. I still have nothing worth much to say, but I want to move back to blogging again.

Writing…at somewhat of a standstill. Ideas, yes; energy and time to develop, no. A few rejections rolling in, but still a lot of submissions out there to axed yet!
Family Life…full of issues but holding. We did get to see our grands!
Health…full of rocky situations but nothing traumatic thus far.
Friends…always valuable and cherished, just not the time to relish time together due to so many varied schedules.
Reading…doing some but finding it slow. Some good books but my mind wanders and twists like a snake crossing the highway.
Travel…other than seeing family, there has been none. But if we get on top of things, we have hopes for pointing the Ruby Slipper to the highway!


 Our children and grands have returned to Jefferson City. Oh my, a drive of four hours is so much better than the twelve hour to Northern Kentucky. Still it is a task when you aren’t feeling up to par. It is the first time in six years we have taken those particular roads, and the beauty of central Missouri always amazes me. The rolling hills with deep vales just now turning a bit of lime shade were delightful to see.



Besides a drive around the city, a trip to the park, and making ice cream in a plastic bag (my son says this is a grandma only thing!), we took the kids to Runge Conservation Center. The four year old is still too young and put everyone through the patience test. But this was a great place for children and very busy on a perfect spring weekend with families.
Grammie was impressed by this lion in Missouri! It was hit by a car near Fulton on Highway 54 in 2003. It weighed over a hundred pounds. The animal is gorgeous and sleek, but I have no desire to meet him in the wild! Look at those feet!




Spring is definitely here on the calendar and beginning to show signs of coming to maturity. Tomorrow we are to have storms here with possible hail and wind. This is the part of spring I do not like. But, we take the good with the bad in all things. 

5 comments:

pat couch laster said...

Glad you're back in the blogosphere. You tell more by what you imply than by what you don't say. Understated--a pleasing trait, especially when I read of every ache and pain, and morsel of food eaten, etc. etc. posted by some. Good going! Hope spring springs springs of happiness and contentment to you/yours. PL

Elephant's Child said...

Welcome back. You have been missed.
I hope you good outweighs the bad - by a considerable margin.

Susan said...

Good to see your post, Bookie. Glad you got to see the grands. Fun photos, too.

I know what you mean about life getting in the way. The days fly by. Susan

Sioux Roslawski said...

Aren't grandkids the grandest thing in the world?

Welcome back!

Lynn said...

Hi! Finally coming around to comment. Must say, I'm a John Wayne fan and liked your previous post and how your grandpa resembled him. You have cute grandkids too! I think Spring has sprung, although it seems a little chilly.